Project

Clasic Farms at OMR (Clasic gardens, retreat, clasic kudumbam)

Cost

Depends. An approved land costs around 60 lakhs and an unapproved land cost around 40 lakhs for a ground. Not sure of the cost of the bungalows.

You would not get home loans for the unapproved lands. There is heavy cash compenent as well (land is registered well below value).

About

They provide plots – both approved and unapproved (most they claim are sold out). Some bungalows are also there. This is a gated community with water, power, telephone and cable facilities.

Lancor is working along with Clasic to develop the central park south apartments. I guess the cost is 4100/sqft. This place is developing a Vidhya Mandhir school and a super market – which if materializes is good for this project.

Ambience

Behind Sholinganallur panchayat office and government school, towards right off OMR when you come in from Adyar. Curently the area does flood when it rains, but not sure if this will be the case going forward. There is a small lake and a temple in the layout which they claim to own – not sure of that claim.

Travel

There is good bus facility in this area upto sholinganallur school.

Company/Builder

Clasic is not a company with good reviews, a lot of complaints against the company. I also heard from some people that there are cases against the management – not verified.

Common Amenities

They provide a clubhouse facility (which is free for life according to the website, but they said costs money when I did inquire)

Interior

Not seen it yet.

Hidden Costs

A lot of hidden costs. They charged additional costs last year for the raising the level of the ground. For approving the unapproved land, you may have to grease a few hands and work things the way you may not like.

Engineering

I have not seen the construction yet, so I am not commenting here.

Re-saleability/Rent-ability

The location is good in sholinganallur, the price also seems cheap.

My Rating

Low for this because of bad feedback, especially because of hidden charges. Some of the plots are not approved (they call it farm land, govt calls it agricultural land) – if you are an NRI – beware, buying agricultural land is not legal. They have been selling from 2004 – my way of seeing it is that there is some problem, otherwise these would have sold long back.

Links

http://www.clasic.com/

http://www.kudumbam.com/

http://wikimapia.org/391306/Clasic-Gardens-Independent-Bungalows

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Clasic_Retreat/ (if you own a land here)

http://www.lancor.in/cps_main.asp (the central park South)

Contact

+91 98409 97964

Rajesh Shankar (+91 9840015677)

/*added buzzr for google buzz */
/*added buzzr for google buzz */

16 comments:

Unknown said...

My dealings with this company was good, I am surprised at your review....anyway me and my extended family bought several plots and have even sold some at good profit levels.

-Ganesh

Ibiz expertify said...

Hi Ganesh, good to hear that you have made good profits and that your experience with them is good. One question to you is - did they not charge any hidden charges to you and were they transparent in the dealing?

thanks....

Unknown said...

Muthu,

They were pretty transparent and straight with their dealings....I mean how opaque can they be when they are selling land....I paid for the land they delivered all legal papers to my lawyers satisfaction and that was it....I applied for and was granted CMDA approval in 1999 and they did all the paperwork and running around for me....as for charges there are two parts to my answer -

Part 1 - things that they did without charging
1. Increased height of all roads within the property by 3.5 feet years after selling the plot
2. Built road crossover concrete conduits to prevent digging up roads later
3. Laid several Rain water harvesting pits as recently as last year....I bought my first plot in 1996 from them
4. Brought into the property Nilgiris Supermarket, State Bank, Kalyaan Hospital and BSNL Phone exchange at no extra cost to me...however helped in improving value of my plots phenomenally

Part 2 - things that they did on chargeable basis

1. Maintenance of Rs.3000/- per plot per year...works out to Rs.250/- per month and I agreed to this up front at the time of buying the property from them
2. Bridging the gap between my plot and the increased road height...they charged me Rs.22,000/- for this which I thought was very reasonably....I got a quote from a private contractor who had built my house and the %^^&&**&&^^ guy quoted 53,000 for the same job.
3. Optional - Transferring my membership to a new club facility they have built last year Rs.6,200/-

I would say that all of the above expenses are reasonably considering the fact that they take care of my property and in fact the entire neighborhood year after year for the past so many years....in fact who will take up this thank less job????Not me and as far as I know none of the other owners of the plot are ready to take care of the maintenance even though for years now Clasic has been asking its customers to take over maintenance.

As for their selling the plots very slowly....I think its part of their business plan...they only do limited release of plots each year and they actually control the supply...thereby controlling the pricing of the land......good for existing landowners. It makes so much sense to me because if the promoter floods the market with new plots the value of land in the area will simply collapse.

Do you actually own a plot with Clasic??? perhaps we can plan a joint visit to the place as its been a few months since I went there!

-Ganesh

Unknown said...

Muthu,

One other thing.....I was a NRI until last year and there is no bar on buying agricultural land within urban limits.....go figure......Govt. of India is hell bent upon confusing the life out of and frustrating all of us....anyway I had my auditor check this point out thoroughly when I first started investing back into India as a NRI. Personally, Clasic has been the top performer in my property portfolio for years now and you really should consider changing your rating!

-Ganesh

Ibiz expertify said...

Dragon Force... very good of you to share your comments on this project. let me visit it this time I get to Chennai. I will update my post just after that...

Unknown said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

OMR Garden

Arindam said...

I belive most of your plots avenue trees are being cut by the promoter now have a check on your plot.Earlier he was selling the fruits from your plots outside in the market and was caught red handed.He is not going to make the roads either.The money is gone for sure all that NRIs can do is ask a gaurdian to have a check on the land from time to time.

sham said...

DTCP Plots is having various kind of affordable price plot, where you can built your potential home for living purposes.
Rented House In Chennai

Arul Kanan said...


Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

Packers and Movers Sholinganallur Chennai Call +91 9380223600

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a nice share you have given to us with such an large collection of information. Great work you have done by sharing them to all. simply superb.
Ready to Occupy flats


Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dinesh said...

Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs.
Flats in Tambaram


Venkat said...

Thanks very much for offering excellent information here.... Thanks very much and keep publishing..... I'm looking forward to your new blog.
Flats in OMR
2 BHK flats in OMR
3 BHK flats in OMR



Karthik said...

Very impressive blog! Hats off to the author. Blog is full of quality content and helped me a lot in finding answers to my queries.
Plots for sale in OMR
Flats in OMR

Unknown said...

Valuable information sharing about real estate . Thanks for sharing.
Budget Apartments at Korukkupet

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top